Visit the headquarters of the American Revolution Institute, located at Anderson House, the historic home of the Society of the Cincinnati. Built in 1905 for a member of the Society, Larz Anderson, and his wife, Isabel, Anderson House has been the home of the Society of the Cincinnati since 1938. Today the mansion is used to advance the historic mission of the American Revolution Institute to promote understanding and appreciation of the remarkable achievements of the Revolutionary generation.
The American Revolution Institute welcomes thousands of visitors each year to:
- attend historical programs on the history and legacy of the American Revolution;
- participate in teacher workshops and seminars on the American Revolution;
- tour Anderson House, the home of the American Revolution Institute;
- view the latest exhibition featuring the Institute’s collections; and
- conduct research in the American Revolution Institute library.