Join the American Revolution Institute today and help perpetuate the memory of the people and events that secured our national independence, created our national identity and articulated our highest ideals.
George Washington and his officers created the Society of the Cincinnati in 1783 to carry out this work. The revolutionaries called their movement “the glorious cause.”
Now you can join them and support their cause as an Associate of the American Revolution Institute of the Society of the Cincinnati.
As an Associate, you will support the important work of the American Revolution Institute. The Institute encourages scholarly inquiry, good teaching, popular understanding and the preservation of the battlefields where our independence was won. You will be joining in the work of an organization as old as our republic, founded by the heroes of the Revolution themselves.
We want you to be involved. We need you. We live in a time of great opportunity and great promise. As we look forward to a bright future, we need all Americans to appreciate how much we benefit from the energy, imagination and sacrifices of the remarkable generation that won our national independence and created the greatest republic in world history. We need to keep their story alive. We invite you to share in that great work.
As an Associate, you will receive:
- The Glorious Cause magazine;
- e-newsletters to keep on top of the latest news about the American Revolution;
- invitations to receptions, lectures, book and author evenings and other events for our Associates;
- program guides to give you the latest information about our shared work;
- exclusive updates from the executive director about challenges to the memory of the Revolution and opportunities to advance the memory of that “vast event” in human history;
- opportunities to participate in expert-led Revolutionary War battlefield tours;
- recognition in The Glorious Cause, our annual Honor Roll and other media;
- a pin identifying you as a supporter of the American Revolution Institute of the Society of the Cincinnati;
- an Associates card identifying you as a Founding Associate;
- and not least, the satisfaction that comes from honoring the first American patriots and promoting their memory.
You can be a part of the American Revolution Institute by supporting at the following levels:
Paul Revere Associate
Benefits include all the above, plus a limited-edition reproduction of Sebastian Baumann’s Plan of the Investment of York and Gloucester, the finest American map of the Revolutionary War, based on the original in the Society’s collections.
Francis Marion Society
Benefits include all the above, plus two tickets to the annual American Revolution Institute Lecture and Dinner at Anderson House.
Abigail Adams Circle
Benefits include all the above, plus a private luncheon at Anderson House with the executive director.
Patrick Henry Council
$5,000 and more
Benefits include all the above, plus a discounted fee for the use of Anderson House for a private special event.
All rules governing rental use of Anderson House apply.
Join or Renew